Play-Doh is a fun and engaging sensory activity for kids. They get to play and explore while working on their gross and fine motor skills and really boosting their creativity and problem solving skills. Its something that we can do with them, but also a great activity for independent play! This recipe is adapted from one we found a few years ago and the same as the one we use when we make some for Oliver’s classroom.
Here’s our Play-Doh Recipe:
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 4 tbsp cream of tartar
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 tsp food coloring of your choice
- Mix together the flour, salt, and cream of tartar.
- In a saucepan, combine the water, vegetable oil, and food coloring.
- Add your flour mixture to the saucepan and mix well over medium heat.
- Stir constantly and cook until a ball forms.
- Remove ball from pan, place on a cutting board, and knead for a few minutes.
- Enjoy some Play-Doh fun!