Another fun part of Mardi Gras is all the chaos and commotion. Maybe it’s all the chaos that makes me like this holiday so much! With all the chaos around our house, there is no shortage of noise. So I figured why not help the kids celebrate the holiday with more noise… and while we’re at it, let them decorate their own party shakers!
This project was easy, cheap, and so much fun! You just need to grab a few things you already have laying around the house and get started!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Empty plastic bottle
- Uncooked rice or beans
- Construction paper (green, purple, and gold)
- Markers and crayons
- Jewels, glittery stickers, feathers, and anything else you’d like to use as decorations
- Tape or glue
- Grab your bottle, tape, construction paper, and marker.
- Wrap your construction paper around the bottle and mark where you’ll cut it to fit.
- After you cut the paper to size, help your child decorate the paper with all the decorations they decided to pick. If you used glue, let it dry completely.
- Wrap your decorated paper around the bottle and tape in place. I also taped the ends onto the bottle to ensure the paper stayed on.
- Add your rice or beans to the bottle. Screw that lid on tight!
- Time to party! Throw on a Mardi Gras playlist (you can find them on YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music, & Amazon Music) and start shaking!
Like what you see? Let us know! Drop a comment, hit the like button, & be sure to subscribe for more fun content below!