Anyone who has ever heard of Dr. Seuss has heard of Thing 1 and Thing 2. These mischievous little creatures wreak havoc on two unsuspecting children in the hysterical story of The Cat in the Hat. They also happen to be a few of my kid’s favorite Dr. Seuss characters, so I had to include an activity dedicated to them!
This activity is inexpensive, simple, and super easy to do. The kids wanted to do most of it themselves so it was quite the adventure. The finished product might not have been the prettiest art project, but the kids had so much fun! Here’s our Thing One & Thing Two Handprint Activity:
What You’ll Need:
- Red & Blue Paint (washable finger paint is ideal)
- White Cardstock or Construction Paper
- Black Marker
- White Circle Sticker
- Paint your child’s entire hand red and place it upside down on the lower half of your paper.
- After rinsing off the red paint, paint your child’s fingers and top half of palm blue. place it above their red handprint.
- Repeat Step 2 on a separate piece of paper. Allow paint on both papers to dry completely.
- Once paint is dry, use the black marker to add faces on their Thing One & Thing Two.
- Write “Thing One” and “Thing Two” on two stickers. Place stickers on the red section of each Thing.
- Have fun with your child acting out the shenanigans Thing One and Thing Two cause!