Oliver has been loving learning all about Leprechauns the past few weeks so naturally we had to make Leprechaun traps! We were inspired by How to Catch a Leprechaun but since the traps in that book are a little advanced for Mom to put together, we opted for an old shoe box and lots of gold coins! Our trap was pretty simple and he was able to do most of the taping & decorating himself.
Looking to make an easy Leprechaun trap with your little ones? You’re in the right place!
- Shoe Box
- Plastic Table Cloth (green)
- Construction Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Gold Coins
- We started by wrapping a shoe box in the green plastic table cloth. We then cut a hole in the top (that serves as our “trap”).
- Using tissue paper, we made a rainbow walkway from where we plan on putting our stairs to the hole. Then used construction paper to make a rainbow at the other end of the shoe box.
- Using cardstock, we cut out pieces that we taped to one side of the box as stairs (near our tissue paper rainbow). We also made a sign for “Free Gold” and an arrow to tape to our rainbow.
- We finally added a bunch of gold coins under our rainbow to lure the leprechaun up onto the trap where they’ll (hopefully) fall into the hole!