Earth Day is tomorrow and to celebrate we’ll be putting together a fun Earth Day themed sensory bin! Before I get all the info for the bin put together (we are mid-move so bare with me in these next few weeks), I thought I’d post the recipe for the Rainbow Rice that we are going to be using as our bin filler!
What You’ll Need:
- 1c White Rice (per color)
- 1/2 tsp Vinegar or Rubbing Alcohol (my littles put everything in their mouths so I felt more comfortable using vinegar)
- A couple drops of food coloring
- Throw it all into a Ziplock bag or a container with a lid and shake it up (the kids loved helping with this part)!
- Pour all of the rice out onto individual cookie sheets, trays, or big plates for a few hours (I leave ours overnight so no little hands find their way into it)
- Let your little one go crazy playing with this fun Rainbow Rice in their sensory bins!